The German Hunting and Fishing Museum (German: Deutsches Jagd- und Fischereimuseum) is a museum exhibiting objects connected with the history of hunting and fishing in Germany or other territories which nowadays belong to it.Located in the pedestrian zone of the city center of Munich, Bavaria, it is a rare institution worldwide.[clarification needed] The building has been a church (the Augustinian Church) which was part of a large Augustinian monastery between the 13th century and 1803. Around 1900, with hunting being at its (last) height of popularity, people asked for a hunting museum. In 1934, the Imperial Hunting Museum (Reichsjagdmuseum) was finally established.
During World War II, most of the objects were saved in Schloßgut Ast near Landshut, Bavaria. All other objects were lost because of looting. After the war, there was a big discussion about the further structure of the Reichsjagdmuseum. In 1958, the year of the 800th anniversary of the founding of the city, the decision in favour of the Augustinian Church was taken. The German Hunting Museum (Deutsches Jagdmuseum) was re-opened on St. Hubert's Day, 3 November 1966.
In 1982, fishing was added as a field of interest, and the museum was renamed the German Hunting and Fishing Museum (Deutsches Jagd- und Fischereimuseum).
Ort: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
with our download packs
Pre-pay for multiple images and download on demand.
Dieses Bild steht nicht mehr zum Verkauf. Es wurde zuvor unter einer Lizenz zur Mehrfachnutzung, die noch läuft, gekauft. Sie können es nicht unter einer neuen Lizenz kaufen oder herunterladen. Mit einem Klick auf OK bestätigen Sie, dass dieses Bild nur der laufenden Lizenz entsprechend genutzt wird.